My Writings. My Thoughts.
We’re delighted to be hosting a South West Elim Sound Worship event on Saturday 19th October.
The day will consist of two main elements:
• Members of the Elim Sound core team will be providing worship teaching seminars based on the Elim School of Worship modular weekend courses (Our worship leader had the privilege of attending the ‘Creative Leadership’ course last year which he say he found “extremely helpful, useful and encouraging”).
• The Elim Sound worship team will then lead us in worship in the evening – A time for us to worship God and spend time with him. Please invite your church to come and worship with us in the evening.
Schedule for the day:
10:30 – 11:00 – Registration (tea and coffee)
11:00 – 12:30 – Seminar One – (‘Song Writing’)
12:30 – 13:30 – Lunch (light sandwich buffet provided)
13:30 – 15:00 – Seminar Two – (‘Band Dynamics’)
15:00 – 16:00 – Tea and Coffee
16:00 – 18:00 – Church auditorium closed for band sound check and rehearsal
18:00 – 19:30 – Worship Concert
This is a great opportunity and I would encourage you to pass this on to your worship teams.
This is a free event (there will be an offering after the concert), but we need to know numbers, so please contact us if you are planning to come to the seminars or the concert.
If you’re not sure where to find us, see this page.
See here for more details about Elim sound: http://www.elim.org.uk/Groups/169481/Elim_Sound.aspx
Our new Sunday morning series starts on the 13th Oct, entitled ‘I am’, it looks at some of the claims Jesus made about Himself. Taken from 7 key passages in John’s gospel it should be an enlightening and interesting series.
- I am the bread of life – 6:35-51 – 13th Oct (Listen | Read Notes)
- I am the light of the world – 8:12 & 9:5 – 20th Oct
- I am the gate for the sheep – 10:7,9 – 27th Oct
- I am the good shepherd – 10:11,14 – 3rd Nov (Family Service – if your kids have a toy sheep, bring it along)
- I am the resurrection and the life – 11:25 – 10th Nov
- I am the way, the truth and the lift – 14:6 – 17th Nov
- I am the true view – 15:1,5 – 24th Nov
// September 22nd, 2013 // Comments Off // Sermons
There have been couple of message recordings that weren’t included in the list with a series over the last few weeks. They are available to listen to below.
*NEW* We had a visit from one of our Elim Missionaries, Devvie Howard, last weekend. You can hear her morning message here. It’s well worth a listen.
Tim finishing off the Armour of God series – Pray at all times
Dave following up the Armour of God series – Tychicus
We hosted Southern Fire last weekend as well.
Our Harvest service with a theme of New Beginnings, and finally our Oct family service from Mark 4
Next Sunday (22nd) will be our harvest thanksgiving service, entitled “New Beginnings” and looking at Isaiah 43:18-19.
We will be collecting food during the service as thanks to God for all the provision he makes for us (even though most of us are well removed from harvest time these days). If you would like to bring something, it will be given to the Bournemouth Food bank after the service, so items that have a shelf life would be appreciated. You can see their shopping list here to find out what they find most useful.
We look forward to seeing you there.
The message from this service is available to listen to here.
New term, everything starting up again at school, work and probably numerous other places as well. We’re not exempt, so here’s the latestupdate for us:
Sunday mornings will be back to normal (or as normal as we ever get) this week. We’ll be rounding off the armour of God series with a message on the subsequent point – pray at all times. Our kids will be back in their age groups this week too (so I’m back to work!)
We’ve got our Harvest service coming up, plus Debbie Howard coming to talk about her missionary work on the 28th at the Aspire women’s morning, and speaking at our regular service on the 29th.
We’ve not given up on our scheduled sunday morning series either – a new set entitled “I Am” will be starting in October to lead us up to the Christmas period. More details on that will follow in the next few weeks.
The survey we talked about is below (hit the ‘continue reading’ link) – all responses gratefully received.