My Writings. My Thoughts.
Christmas starts with Christ. An obvious point for a church to make, perhaps but apparently one that needs making these day.
Our Christmas series will be answering some essential questions about Jesus and Christmas. Join us, and see why Christmas really does start with Christ.
As we work through the month, you’ll be able to click on the titles to listen to the recordings of our messages.
|1st||10:30am||Why did Jesus come to the Earth?|
|8th||10:30am||Why Jesus came as he did|
|15th||10:30am||Why Jesus came as a Baby (Family service)|
|22nd||10:30am||Why Jesus came to the people He did|
|22nd||5pm||Christmas Special: Carols & Hog Roast.|
|24th||11:30pm (‘Midnight’ service)||Why Jesus’ coming is still Good News!|
|25th||10:30am||Why Jesus must come again!|
// October 27th, 2013 // Comments Off // News
It’s the start of the month, so that means our family service this week (3rd November). We’re talking about “I am the good shepherd”
If your child has a soft toy or a figurine of a sheep, please encourage them to bring it to this service.
We hope that bringing something that is linked to the theme of the day will help them with their understanding and learning as we look at this statement of Jesus.
We’re delighted to be hosting a South West Elim Sound Worship event on Saturday 19th October.
The day will consist of two main elements:
• Members of the Elim Sound core team will be providing worship teaching seminars based on the Elim School of Worship modular weekend courses (Our worship leader had the privilege of attending the ‘Creative Leadership’ course last year which he say he found “extremely helpful, useful and encouraging”).
• The Elim Sound worship team will then lead us in worship in the evening – A time for us to worship God and spend time with him. Please invite your church to come and worship with us in the evening.
Schedule for the day:
10:30 – 11:00 – Registration (tea and coffee)
11:00 – 12:30 – Seminar One – (‘Song Writing’)
12:30 – 13:30 – Lunch (light sandwich buffet provided)
13:30 – 15:00 – Seminar Two – (‘Band Dynamics’)
15:00 – 16:00 – Tea and Coffee
16:00 – 18:00 – Church auditorium closed for band sound check and rehearsal
18:00 – 19:30 – Worship Concert
This is a great opportunity and I would encourage you to pass this on to your worship teams.
This is a free event (there will be an offering after the concert), but we need to know numbers, so please contact us if you are planning to come to the seminars or the concert.
If you’re not sure where to find us, see this page.
See here for more details about Elim sound: http://www.elim.org.uk/Groups/169481/Elim_Sound.aspx
Our new Sunday morning series starts on the 13th Oct, entitled ‘I am’, it looks at some of the claims Jesus made about Himself. Taken from 7 key passages in John’s gospel it should be an enlightening and interesting series.
- I am the bread of life – 6:35-51 – 13th Oct (Listen | Read Notes)
- I am the light of the world – 8:12 & 9:5 – 20th Oct
- I am the gate for the sheep – 10:7,9 – 27th Oct
- I am the good shepherd – 10:11,14 – 3rd Nov (Family Service – if your kids have a toy sheep, bring it along)
- I am the resurrection and the life – 11:25 – 10th Nov
- I am the way, the truth and the lift – 14:6 – 17th Nov
- I am the true view – 15:1,5 – 24th Nov
// September 22nd, 2013 // Comments Off // Sermons
There have been couple of message recordings that weren’t included in the list with a series over the last few weeks. They are available to listen to below.
*NEW* We had a visit from one of our Elim Missionaries, Devvie Howard, last weekend. You can hear her morning message here. It’s well worth a listen.
Tim finishing off the Armour of God series – Pray at all times
Dave following up the Armour of God series – Tychicus
We hosted Southern Fire last weekend as well.
Our Harvest service with a theme of New Beginnings, and finally our Oct family service from Mark 4